Foundation will support programs and organizations that aspire to
create and maintain sustainable, vibrant, and resilient communities by:
- Enabling children and adults to lead their communities in creative, healthy, and thoughtful ways;
- Educating citizens to be good stewards of the environment;
- Conserving land and water resources;
- Encouraging service to others;
visual arts and music, and
- Teaching appreciation of and preserving historic assets.
particularly favors programs that combine more
one of the above criteria, have measurable goals and are collaborative
in deed and spirit. Grant funding concentrates on building
organizational and community-wide effectiveness, developing
opportunities, raising aspirations, and generally making a positive and
Beginning with the Fall 2016 Cycle, Horizon Foundation will divide its
funding into two geographic areas: Horizon North and Horizon South.
Horizon North will make grants to Maine organizations based primarily
in Cumberland, York, Lincoln and Franklin Couties. For details, click here. Horizon South will make grants to organizations in Barnstable County,
Massachusetts; Mercer County, New Jersey; Fairfield County,
Connecticut; Martin County, Florida; Blaine County, Idaho; and Pitkin County, Colorado. For details, click here.