Since its founding in 1997, Horizon Foundation has funded non-profit organizations that meet the mission goals in places where our trustees live and work. Grant funding concentrates on building organizational and community-wide effectiveness, developing opportunities, raising aspirations, and generally making a positive and lasting difference.
Horizon Foundation supports non-profit organizations that aspire to create and maintain sustainable, vibrant and resilient communities by:
- Enabling children and adults to lead their communities in creative, healthy and thoughtful ways;
- Educating citizens to be good stewards of the environment;
- Conserving land and water resources;
- Encouraging service to others;
- Promoting visual arts and music, and;
- Teaching appreciation of and preserving historic assets.
WHERE WE FUND
Our giving is aligned with the geographic as well as programatic interest areas of our trustees. Organizations must be based in or primarily serve one or more of the following communities:
Colorado - Pitkin County
Connecticut - Fairfield County
Florida - Martin County
Idaho - Blaine County
Maine - Cumberland, Lincoln, Franklin, or York County
Massachusetts - Barnstable County
New Jersey - Mercer County
Trustees have discretion to expand geographic areas of interest by invitation only.